Sunday, February 7, 2010

So Adorable Onesies

So, my friend Alice had a baby recently and I was invited to her baby shower. I've been feeling crafty lately, so I decided to make something for handsome little Brandon. For my wedding back in August, we bought a cute onesie for my nephew (3 months) that had a bowtie on it.
So, feeling inspired, I set out to design some cute little outfits for the baby. I went to the store and bought four different fabrics (1/8th of a yard each) and then used a iron-on fabric adhesive to stick them together. Here's how they turned out...

It was about midnight on the night before the baby shower when I finally got to work on them. Every time I finished one, I would run into the office and say to Simon, "Isn't this so cute????"

Little nod to the cowboys...

So cute! Love this material!

After making this one, I started thinking about how easy it would be to make a whole scene with a cactus, moon, lizard, etc. Maybe next time...

Nice and simple.

I couldn't resist a little cowboy hat.

One more look at the whole set...
The next day I called my sister to get sizes for my nephews so I can get to work on tons of cute things for them. I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a great Idea! They turned out really cute. I might have to steal that idea!

Amy said...

the girls are in 6/9 months right now... :-P

those are adorable!

Caroline said...

Amy...there might just have to be some coming your way since most of the little ones I know are boys and there's so much cute material out there for girls!
Sarah...what size is your little man wearing?? And I just realized that I don't have your address! That's a shame!!! You'll have to email it to me... evans900@gmail.com

Jules said...

Those are so cute!!