Sunday, February 24, 2008

Movies I Watched This Week (and what I probably should have been doing with my time)

So, that's right...I watched quite a few new movies this week. Here's my review.
1. Click (Adam Sandler)-I liked it. I could have done without the language and it would have been just as funny. Good lesson in the end. Nice ending.
2. Sydney White (Amanda Bynes and Matt Long-yummy!) I enjoyed this one quite a bit. It was very funny and moderately meaningful. I especially enjoyed watching Matt Long for the whole movie and the extras on the DVD. The extras are hilarious-especially the one about the 7 dwarfs. Very funny and extremely clean.
3. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith- Yes, this was a first time for me. I realize that in some people's books, I should be taken out and shot for this offense, but I have now seen it. I enjoyed it. I think I like it better than the others because the characters are much more simple. The main characters are almost all there is. I get confused easily when they start including multiple species on multiple planets and their needs and wants and...yeah. So, I enjoyed the simplicity. I also enjoyed the great symbolism I was able to draw from this viewing (see other blog for further explanation). Overall, I liked it. It was a little violent for my taste, but it is star wars.
As for what I probably should have been doing with my time instead of watching movies:
* playing the piano
* sleeping
* working out
* writing in a journal

* cleaning my car
* reading
* updating my resume
* learning a new talent
* cooking
* visiting teaching
* washing dishes
Well, I suppose I could go on, but I won't. I hope this list inspires me the next time and gives me some good ideas.
Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

Okay, first of all, watching movies is NEVER a waste of time. At least it isn't in my book, because while you are watching a movie, you are learning and contemplating...whether it is about life, or relating a fairy tale to your own circumstances, or the battle of good and evil. See, it's not that you should be doing other things with your time, it's that you should rationalize what you do with your time so you can do the things you want to. :)
BTW, I have a blog too...it's on my facebook profile if you wanna check it out.

Alison said...

Caroline, I agree with Rhia, however I too feel like I should be doing other things with my time, ALWAYS. But I don't change, so, basically, I suck at the whole time management thing. :)