Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kids say....

So, the other day I took my kids out to recess and returned to find a student still in my classroom. I wasn't too concerned since they occasionally stay in and I'm cool with that. This particular student is great, so I just went about my work and let him do his thing. I noticed that he had taken a piece of paper out of the recycling bin and had torn off a small strip (long and narrow). He then proceeded to walk around the room, stop occasionally, and write something down. I grew curious and asked what he was doing. He told me that he was going to walk around the room and write down the names of everyone in our class. Then, when he would play with someone at recess, he would make a tally mark next to their name. He said that he wanted to make sure that he played with everyone.
He was so matter-of-fact about it, but I was so impressed. He has a very kind and gentle soul. He was so excited about making sure that he played a little with everyone. As I watched him continue to write down names on his paper, I felt a little tingle go up my spine. What a truly special child!

No comments: